- INSTANT CONFIRMATION
- Group tour
A perfect opportunity to explore Batu Caves, marvelous harmony landmarks and ancient temples in this 4 hours tour. Get insight and understanding of the cultural roots of this incredible and diverse nation.
- Climb the 272 steps of the Batu Caves
- Drive through some of Kuala Lumpur's colorful neighborhoods, such as Brickfields and Little India
- See the beautiful 6-tiered Thean Hou Temple
- Bargain for souvenirs in China Town
- Visit the National Mosque of Malaysia and learn about its history
- Walk through the local market of Masjid India and get a feel for the local community
Depart Kuala Lumpur or Petaling Jaya at your chosen time (09:00 or 14:00) and journey towards Batu Caves, passing through Little India and the Brickfields neighborhood, known for its colorful streets and unique shops.
After a 30-minute scenic drive, arrive at the Batu Caves to discover the home of Hindu shrines and various religious deities. Listen as your guide explains the Hindu roots of the nation and climb the 272 steps to the golden statue of Lord Murugan. Once at the top, go to Cathedral Cave to see the largest cave in the complex, and hear about the background to this most intricate of Hindu shrines.
Then, drive to Thean Hou Temple, a 6-tiered pagoda temple atop Robson Heights. Completed in 1987 and officially opened in 1989, it was built by the Hainanese community of Kuala Lumpur and is dedicated to the goddess Tian Hou (The Heavenly Mother).
Continue to China Town to enter the site of dozens of restaurants and food stalls tended by Chinese, Indian, Malay and Bangladeshi traders. Watch as they serve up local favorites, such as curry noodles, Hokkien mee (a Fujian noodle dish), ikan bakar (barbecued fish) and asam laksa (a sour, fish and tamarind-based soup).
Next, see the stunning National Mosque of Malaysia (Masjid Negara), set in 13 acres of beautiful gardens. Admire the bold approach taken by its architects who designed it in the late 1950s as a symbol of the aspirations of the newly independent nation. Benefit from a hotel drop off at the end of the tour services.
- English speaking guide/driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Please present an electronic or printed voucher at the meeting point
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Please advise your flight schedules by email if you have chosen the option with airport pick up.
Kuala Lumpur: Batu Caves Cultural Temple Tour